Detailed information about data protection when using Threema Broadcast can be found here (PDF).
Who is responsible for processing personal data?
Threema GmbH, Churerstrasse 82, 8808 Pfäffikon SZ, Switzerland, is responsible for the processing of personal data.
You can contact our Data Protection Officer at
privacy at threema dot ch.
If Threema Broadcast is used by a Business Customer of Threema, that Business Customer is the controller responsible for data processing. Threema assumes the role of processor for the Business Customer.
What purposes does Threema process personal data for?
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Delivery of Threema Broadcast;
- Contract performance;
- Information security.
What personal data is processed?
Depending on how you use Threema Broadcast, the following personal data is processed:
- IP address;
- Email address;
- Customer number;
- Threema ID;
Certain message contents of Broadcast IDs (decrypted).
- Incoming: Text messages and votes in polls;
- Outgoing: Text messages and media files.
The following personal data is optional for the use of Threema Broadcast and will only be processed if you voluntarily provide it:
- Status of outgoing messages of a Broadcast ID;
- First name;
- Last name;
What personal data is processed temporarily?
During an ongoing data transmission, the following personal data is only processed temporarily:
- Incoming messages to a Broadcast ID.
What personal data is stored and for how long?
The following personal data is stored by us (storage period in brackets):
- IP address (for 10 days);
- Email address (until revocation);
- Customer number (until revocation);
- Company (until revocation);
- Address (until revocation);
- Username (until revocation);
- Threema ID (until revocation).
What personal data is stored linked to the Threema ID, and for how long?
The following personal data is stored by us linked to the Threema ID (storage period in brackets):
- First name (until revocation);
- Last name (until revocation);
- Nickname (until revocation);
Incoming messages to a Broadcast ID (only with activated “Save Chat History” setting in groups of a Broadcast ID¹; stored in encrypted form after reception);
- Text messages (for 180 days);
- Votes in polls (for a maximum of 180 days, calculated from the sending of the poll).
Outgoing messages of a Broadcast ID (stored in encrypted form after sending);
- Text messages (for 180 days or earlier until revocation);
- Media files (for 180 days or earlier until revocation).
- Status of outgoing messages of a Broadcast ID (depends on the storage period of outgoing messages of a Broadcast ID; only with activated function for tracking outgoing messages²).
Is personal data disclosed to third parties?
Your personal data collected when using the Threema Broadcast will be processed exclusively on our own hardware (servers) in Switzerland and will not be disclosed to third parties.
What control options do you have?
In addition to your legal claims under data protection law, Threema provides you with the following control options over your personal data:
- Deletion of all personal data of a customer account (for Business Customers);
- Rectification, completion, and deletion of personal data and termination of their processing (for Administrators).
What rights do you have?
You have a right to information to Threema and a right to rectification, completion, deletion, and blocking of your personal data as well as a right to withdrawal (of your consent) and to objection (against data processing based on overriding interests).
If Threema processes personal data on behalf of a Business Customer, i.e., as a processor, your rights must be primarily asserted against the Business Customer as the controller of the data processing. Threema will support the Business Customer in the fulfilment of your claims under data protection law.